Wednesday, March 8, 2017

An accounting .....

An accounting...

There are accounts all through the Bible, reports of lineage, activities, lists...
But, by another "accounting" there is a reporting of one's life or their living...being responsible to another or others...

For instance, when I loose the most weight in a weight reduction campaign is when it costs me and I have to report to someone, weigh in and pay ...or a Bible study with daily lessons...I am accountable to someone or something...I have to "report in"...someone is "watching over me"...

When raising children, I wanted  to encourage their conscience of right and wrong, not just when they are with me, but when they trek out on their own...they have an accounting to God, a much higher power than just parents...that old saying of "will you do right or wrong when 'alone' when no one is watching?"

I like accountability...even when I am frustrated by it...it gives me boundaries. It gives me a "line in the sand", a goal, a future...it sometimes plans my day or time...not wanting to waste the opportunity...it adds purpose...thank YOU that You call me to account and help me to learn Your ways, to seek to use this life wisely...for You....

Genesis 42:22 Reuben replied, “Didn’t I tell you not to sin against the boy? But you wouldn’t listen! Now we must give an accounting for his blood.”

Joshua 22:23 If we have built our own altar to turn away from the Lord and to offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, or to sacrifice fellowship offerings on it, may the Lord himself call us to account.

Job 31:14 what will I do when God confronts me? What will I answer when called to account?

Psalm 119:26 I gave an account of my ways and you answered me; teach me your decrees.

Ezekiel 3:20-21 “Again, when a righteous person turns from their righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before them, they will die. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin. The righteous things that person did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.
But if you do warn the righteous person not to sin and they do not sin, they will surely live because they took warning, and you will have saved yourself.”

Matthew 12:36-37 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.
For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Hebrews 4:13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing,
but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment