Friday, March 31, 2017

Jars of clay...

Jars of clay...

Reading  through 2 Corinthians 4, there are some contrasts which made me stop and think..
-jars of clay which are temporary, moldable, seen, momentary, changeable, breakable, decayable, fleeting...

Which we exchange for eternal, everlasting, nondestructable, unseen, glory, prepared...

It took me back to Psalm 30:5, 11-12 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise you forever.

Weeping replaced by rejoicing , wailing into dancing

Unrighteousness replaced by righteousness ...

Seated here on a decaying earth to being seated with him in the heavenly realms...
Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

I lose heart, look at the momentary troubles, look at the seen things/events. And sometimes forget the eternal, unseen glory that is being prepared for me...forgetting that I am being renewed daily...encouraged daily...transforming daily...loved beyond imagination moment by moment...

Thank YOU for the beyond, the dancing...the renewing...the rejoicing...the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment