Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Looking past the scars to see the heart...

Looking past the scars to see the heart....

We all come with scars of some sort...seen or unseen...those hurts which we carry from relationships, injuries from our past...

One of of our speakers talked about his scarring from acne as a teen which he still bears ....I never even noticed as his heart message was more evident than his facial scars...then he told how blessed he felt that the woman
of his dreams, who cannot see, chose him with scars and all...but she "saw" his heart through his actions and words...what a picture for us...God sees our hearts, bears our scars with His own, heals our pain with his comfort...takes our burdens ...he went to the cross for the sins of the world, bearing the weight of everything on flesh torn by lashing, nails through his hands, broken hearted....setting us free with his death and resurrection...those scars and sins now covered...

We see the scars, He sees the heart...thank YOU, Jesus ....help me see the heart...

Luke  24:36-40 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.” When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet.

John 20:19-20, 24-25, 27-29 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord. Now Thomas also known as Didymus, one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!” Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment