Wednesday, February 22, 2017

What am I becoming?

What am I becoming?

I am with a group of people whose average age is 55. This group is within a group whose average is probably 65.  Amongst them are babies to 80+ agers...there are shoppers, walkers, talkers, listeners, encouragers, smilers, frowners, tall, short, all cultures, smokers, readers, relaxers, drinkers, non-drinkers, just a cross section of people...some whose attitudes are hard to be around and others whom you wish to chum with...politics aside...

The staff from around the world must and tries very hard to accommodate each and every person...in service, help, attitude....always wearing a smile, real or not so real in some cases...they are here to add pleasure and success to the trip in any fashion they can...

But, it behooves  me to ask myself...how am I or can I serve them as well, making their task lighter and more pleasant?? What is my general attitude?
Am I a grouch, hard to please? Pleasant? Selfish? Caring? Welcoming? Kind? Gentle? Angry?

Do I exhibit the servant attitude of the Savior whose image I purport? Is the fruit of the Spirit part of my countenance? Or do I just wear that attitude at on Sunday morning... And then I ask ....what am I like around family, friends those whom I have close contact all the time?  Not just a quick trip on a ship, but long term?
Am I really being transformed into a like that pictures Jesus to others ? Or is it just an act???



Thank YOU for the reality check...
Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22-26 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment