Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Suspended service....1

Suspended service....1

Today we went ashore for an excursion on Grand Cayman...we were late getting off, so that meant we were late getting to our destination and late in retuning to the dock by about an hour...we had been warned that there was a squall approaching and would be hitting around 12...and it did...but much fiercer than they anticipated...
We were on one of the last tenders to arrive back at the ship, with suspension of service soon after leaving guests on shore for an extra time as the weather settled a bit...pouring rain, bumpy humid seas...on our tender others were getting sick from the swells, and heat..finally the call came that there was a window of time to get the rest of the guests on quickly...
Four other ships were doing the same thing as well....lots of people "stranded" in shopping areas...(it may have been a boon to the businesses...)

Someday God will suspend service as well...the last of the elect will have repented...the fold will be complete...then those who have rejected God as the God, the only way, will know that he really meant what He said...every knee will bow, ...there won't be anymore "tenders" to bring the last of the passengers  ...the "boat" will have "sailed"...

Thank YOU that you provide a way, "a life boat", through your Son, Jesus ....

John 14:6-14 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.


2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Note: our ship was delayed from leaving the port for three hours. The suspended service was finally resumed even in the rough seas to bring aboard 400+ guests and staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment