Thursday, February 16, 2017

A new Bible...

A New Bible...

I have had to start in a new Bible this year...my old ones have each fallen in into despair..or disrepair...each have been through many periods of heartache and mountaintops of life over the years...dates and notes abound in the small spaces of blank edges...history...shared history...with others, with God, my life...

They are old friends...I know where to look for scripture, for notes, for references...breaking in a new one is like starting over with a new friend, even though the words are same, it handles differently, the pages are new, no notes to reference back to a life note, or past history written on the sides...the cover is hard, no pliable as the old...the pages are sometimes stuck together with newness and not used...it doesn't fall open two favorite places, the columns are organized differently...but it is ready to accept new notes, new dates...new life experiences...new highlighting...

I am glad I didn't have to change Bible sooner in these last few years...so many other changes have happened, that changing Bibles would have  been       Another hard change...new home, new neighbors, new life style, new acquaintances, new church, new geography, new relationships , new responsibilities, etc...was enough ...

But, the same God was there through it all...his Word illuminating the new path...walking with me, holding me, teaching me, comforting me...as He has through the past...the Words are same in the old and new Bibles as He is the same yesterday and today...thank YOU...for the newness, in your word and your love every morning ...the familiarity, and the new lessons from the ancient Word...

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Lamentations 3:22-26 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment