Saturday, February 11, 2017

Dreams realized...

Dreams realized...


Most of us have dreams that we fantasize over for a time, years in the making or changed, matured...

We can be  a part of a dream for others or visa versa...God leads us into an intersecting path in other people lives for help with a dream, to make it come true, to be part of the process...or even just to encourage that dream...with the resources, words, time,  your presence...

For example, growing up, I dreamed of being a wife and mother...in time that came true... I met the man  I was to marry on a computer date in college...we dated and later married,   finished our schooling, joined the work force but dreamed of a family...he dreamed of prospecting on his own and owning his own business....those dreams of family and business came to fruition in time....but different routes than we expected, but they came...
We had four wonderful children either by birth or adoption...a business which took us through lean and fruitful years...
As time went on, dreams came true and changed...supplying resources to other became part of our dreams...giving, serving a God who so blessed us became more and more important...we saw to the needs of fulfilling dreams of others ...by the resources that had been entrusted to us...

My parents saw those opportunities as well, giving of their time to teach, inform and build...my father taught how to grow and help with forestry...so he gave time and money to students whose dream it was to work in the forests..
My mother taught music and art to students  who aspired to become musicians and artists, to enjoy art and music in their lives...both through her time and later with scholarships as well...

Now, again, here my family is  having the holy privilege of helping others realize their dreams of medical clinics, schools, water wells dug, lives saved from slavery, etc., etc., churches, transportation, saving lives spiritually and physically, around the globe through the resources that He has entrusted to us...we don't know the long term effects of each decision we make...but it will be lasting...both in our lives, our children and grandchildren's lives...we are but tools in a path of life...our choice is to be useful or not ...available or not...open or closed...

Thank YOU...for dreams...those of others to fulfill, my own which You built into my life and fulfilled...those of future generations...

( way out of context, but still apropos ) Genesis 37:19 “Here comes that dreamer!” they said to each other.

Psalm 37:4-5 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:

It is a blessing to hear how God uses you in other people's lives not to puff up our esteem but to give glory to the Giver...to see how He weaves each of us into another's life...see the miracles that only God can perform...Praise...thank YOU again and again...

ANDRAE CROUCH
To God Be The Glory Lyrics


How can I say thanks
for the things you have done for me
Things so undeserved
Yet you give to prove your love for me
The voices of a million angels
Cannot express my gratitude
All that I am or ever hope to be
I owe it all to Thee

(Chorus)
To God be the glory
To God be the glory
To God be the glory
For the things He has done
With His blood, He has saved me
And with His power, He has raised me.
To God be the glory
For the things he has done

(Bridge)
Just let me live my life
And let it be pleasing, Lord to Thee
And should I gain any praise,
Let it go to Calvary.

With His blood, He has saved me
And with His power, He has raised me.
To God be the glory
For the things he has done

No comments:

Post a Comment