Monday, September 26, 2016

Sucking in air.....

Sucking in air...

I came home from a recent trip with bronchitis....had to go to urgent care to get it tended to...my throat was so swollen from so much coughing and I found myself gasping for air, trying not to panic from the sensation of not being able to breathe...

The thing was, that morning I had been grumbling about a too tight fall time schedule...now it opened up, not only from my bronchitis , but my travel partner was life flighted for bowel surgery...our upcoming trip cancelled for us both....God had other plans for us this fall than we thought we had...

Now, both of us will get a breather that we didn't know we needed...plans...changes....

God is our breath of life...am I gasping from not getting enough of Him???
Or do I just panic on the physical side? He breathed life into Adam at the beginning....and has been into each of us ever since...watching my husband pass slowly away, the breathing was the last thing to go...Slowly relinquishing those breaths until it stopped and he stepped into another realm...

I want that God breathed life both  the spiritual and physical for as long as He has given me... Help me praise His for life...not grumble for changes along the way...accepting the paths that He has promised...thank YOU...

Genesis 2:7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. 

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life. 

Psalm 150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord. 

Acts 17:25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment