Sunday, September 4, 2016

Family pictures....

Family pictures......

Like so many people, I have a wall area which features pictures of my family. Children and grandchildren smile back at me whenever I pass by.  I often stand there and look at each one...their features, their personalities....them...my family and how I love them...each one so overwhelmingly I can feel it deep within my heart...

Yesterday, I took all of them down to replace the frames and update some of the pictures...as I took each one down, I immediately felt a loss even though I knew they were going to be replaced soon....they weren't there smiling at me for a period of time... Instead,  I put up wires with clothes pins  so that I could change out  pictures easier, add more as I had them....just change the look, it is still my family picture wall...

I emptied out the frames which held pictures back to the babyhood of grandchildren, sixteen years of the oldest...what history, what changes....to the newest, under a year...what a delight...what futures...what does God have planned for each...I know He has a plan...He knows their frame better than I .....He loves each one with a deeper love than I can fathom ....infinite...

Thank YOU for the minute picture of Your love ....You have a "picture wall" of each of your children...You see them, loving each, caring for each, planning for each...thank YOU....

Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Psalm 42:8 By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.

Ephesians 3:14-19 For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name.
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment