Friday, September 9, 2016

Scrolling time...

Scrolling time...

My computer is set to scroll through my photos...so I may see one of my adult children as a tiny baby one minute and yesterday's sunset the next...time doesn't matter in the scrolling...my late husband or parents smile at me and the next I see may be the mountains of New Zealand...time...yesterday, last year, today...it isn't bound  by time...

There have been books, movies about time travel, stepping back or forward into time, changing events for different outcomes in history...working against time...

On the other hand, I seem to be bound by time, with appointments, deadlines, schedules, clocks, alarms for this and that, tides, days/nights, seasons, aging, years, minutes.....all are pieces of time that God has built into our finite world...whereas He seems not to be bound by time...He has a plan, but it may not be in our time frame...His Word from the beginning tells of future times and we are still sorting it out, generations later...are we living in the last  times, is there pre, post or pan rapture, what are some of the symbols of time one ages???

We are told to be ready for His return, not knowing an exact date, be prepared, but be diligent in our calling while we live in our time...

Thank YOU that You know the season, and the  times of our lives and the world's...you know the beginning from the end ....and hold our lives gently in your hand...

Revelation 22:12-13 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Psalm 90:1-4 Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations.
Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
You turn people back to dust, saying, “Return to dust, you mortals.”
A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3:8-9 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment