Sunday, May 1, 2016

Changed plans....

Changed plans...

 I have written before about plans...how life has a way of changing plans...we don't want to be too set in our ways, it seems...

This past week has been that way...nothing earth shattering...some drama, some sorrow, some funny...some life changing...

I think part of it has been life lessons from the study we are doing..."breaking busy-how to find peace and purpose in a world of crazy" by Alli Worthington. Added to that was youth giving program on contentment...watching for 
Life through contentment instead of complaint...

My daily appointment book is just filled with cross outs, changes, some on an hourly basis...on going phone calls starting before I even got out of bed on some days...one morning I ran out of the house , got in car and realized I still had hot  curlers in my hair...then was on the car phone the whole  way to the next appointment which had changed as well...

It was not all bad things, don't get me wrong, just changes...
One time I did find myself railing at my late husband, " why aren't you here, taking care of these things, you would have known what to do?" ...but, my heavenly Husband quieted my heart immediately..."I can do all things in quietness, power and strength, none of these changes are a surprise, but you must trust ME with who I send to help, and how I take care of them."  Oohhin...piercing to the my heart, my unrest, my "plans", my lack of peace...
I needed to be running to Him for answers and not just running in the hamsters' wheel of my own thoughts...

Thank YOU....You Have plans that offer hope, not distress...contentment not complaint...rest not confusion....Help me rest in those ....knowing that You know what is best for each moment whether I do or not...

Jeremiah 29:11-14a For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” ......

 Proverbs 19:21, 23 Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment