Monday, May 2, 2016

Mother's Day....

Mother's Day ....

I stopped briefly at one of our local stores yesterday. Mother's Day  sales everywhere ...a multitude of tables filled with flowers of all types, sales in the jewelry and accessories sections, an aisle of cards....balloons, barbecues...
The newspaper had ads for Mother's Day dinners to be reserved for the coming week...

I had looked at cards earlier and they were on their way...but, it hit me again that I was buying cards not for my mother or grandmothers, but for my daughters and daughters in love...I used to buy for my mother and grandmothers...those times have passed into history... I even found cards for them stashed away in my file to be used, but, now the time has passed as they have...

I hope I honored them well enough when they lived, for each were wonderful in their own way. They each loved me as I loved them. They each had a part in building me into the woman I am. They each taught me life skills, love skills, God skills...they were gifted, encouraging women...

Thank YOU for my mom, my grandmothers....those women in my life who gifted me ....thank YOU for the women you have given me, my daughters and daughters in love...they each have talents, gifts that are amazing...each has come a different route into my life which makes each unique and special...they gift me with their lives...bless them with Your favor....thank YOU....

Exodus 20:12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you. 

Psalm 86:11-13, 15-16 Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness;give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. 
I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. 
For great is your love toward me;you have delivered me from the depths,from the realm of the dead. 
But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. 
Turn to me and have mercy on me; show your strength in behalf of your servant; save me, because I serve you just as my mother did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment