Friday, May 6, 2016

The play....

A play...

My teenage grand daughter and I recently attended a high school play in which her friend was acting...a rewrite of Little Women...
It was upbeat, well done, punch lines were funny...the teens did a great job with settings, emotions, timing...

I came away feeling so "old fashioned", "behind the times", "boring"....my soul was hurting ....

I have decided I am a "g" rated person and getting more so...I don't like violence, swearing, using God's name in vain, etc...in other words, "old fashioned".  The use excuse "oh, there is not much -----" gets to me and has gotten to me over the years, even when my own children were teens... As time has gone by, "there is more and more---" of whatever violence, profanity, sex, anti-God, spiritualism....

I find myself watching old "Andy from Mayberry" while I tread on my treadmill rather than the news, or Hallmark movies or cooking contests in the evening instead of the "thrillers " which fill the stations at prime time...that is just me...I am glad there is lots of selections of non violent programing...with decent dialogue...

I loved spending time with my grand daughter...she is becoming such a wonderful young woman...hard to believe she is in high school when just a few days ago, we could cuddle her in our arms...and that really was the point of the evening...spending time...laughing at jokes...seeing and encouraging friends...

Thank YOU for time spent...heal my heart of other pains...and help me go forward, whether "old fashioned or not"...help me be a light not a stumbling block to those around me...

Ephesians 4:29-32 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.
 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. 

Exodus 20:7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name. NIV

Exodus 20:7 No using the name of God, your God, in curses or silly banter; God won’t put up with the irreverent use of his name. The message ..

No comments:

Post a Comment