Thursday, May 5, 2016

A box of rocks....

Box of rocks....

I have  a box a rocks which is labelled burdens...I use them to for an object lesson on carrying around the weight  of the burdens of anger, bitterness, jealousy, malice, etc....we load these burdens in our backpacks and carry them to see the heaviness we carry when we could bring those burdens and lay them at the foot of the cross to let Jesus taken then for us...

Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 

Putting on a back pack or life of Christ is much lighter..

Colossians 3:8, 10, 12-15 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.
 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. 
Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. 
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 

Anyway, I was hunting for this box and it is missing...!! It dawned on me that that was a lesson it itself..I was missing my burdens...my heavy weights that encumber my life...what Joy!!! Oh, don't get me wrong ....I still bear it often and have to put it down again and again...I take up the heaviness of their weight in worry, self condemnation, doubt, fear...these are burdens as well..and their weight is heavy indeed...I lay them down for one thing only to pick them up for another .....

Thank YOU that my box of burdens is missing...help me to continue  leave is missing with the burdens I should not be carrying, but to leave them with you In trade for your peace....

No comments:

Post a Comment