Sunday, October 18, 2015

Confidentiality agreements...


Confidentiality agreements.....

Over the years, we have had to sign confidentiality agreements with various people and companies.   Just the other day, one came through .  These mean  that a person may look at our business data and promise that this data will not be shared or given out to anyone else..ever..unless there is an agreement to do so...

But there have been innumerable unsigned ones as well...working hurting women while I was in staff officially or unofficially, my children, friends, relatives, lawyers, other businesses, ....words spoken in confidence ....that should never leave my lips to another...I have been a "sounding board" in hundreds of confidences from dreams for the future to emotional and physical abuse, from childlessness to good or bad business deals....and I could not speak to anyone to "hash out" these ideas and pain...as they were given in confidence...to unburden myself, I had to lay them at the Saviour's feet, giving over the joy or the burdens to Him...he was and is my safe place,....my confident....and takes those joys or problems totally under consideration....

I have been pondering this again  and then this morning, these following words hit my mail, and the confidentiality agreements were in the mail as well,  a reminder that God is ever present, ever listening, ever comforting...ever walking beside me, with His comfort and protection, ever working.....in my life and others...

Thank YOU, for listening, for encouraging, for always be present....a whisper or thought away..knowing before I know my thoughts and path ....

Proverbs 11:13 A gossip betrays a confidence,but a trustworthy person keeps a secret.

Psalm 71:5 For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord,my confidence since my youth.

Isaiah 55:8-9, 11 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:It will not return to me empty,but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it...

"Where could I go"
Living below in this old sinful world 
Hardly a comfort can afford 
Striving alone to face temptations sore 
Where could I go but to the Lord?

Where could I go? oh, where could I go> 
Seeking a refuge for my soul 
Needing a friend to save me in the end 
Where could I go but to the Lord?

Neighbors are kind, I love them everyone 
We get along in sweet accord  
But when my soul needs manna from above 
Where could I go but to the lord?

Where could I go> oh, where could I go? 
Seeking a refuge for my soul 
Needing a friend to save me in the end 
Where could I go but to the Lord?

Life here is grand with friends I love so dear 
Comfort I get from God's own Word 
Yet when I face the chilling hand of death 
Where could I go but to the Lord?

Where could I go? oh, where could I go? 
Seeking a refuge for my soul 
Needing a friend to save me in the end 
Where could I go but to the Lord?

The words and music to "Where Could I Go But To The Lord?" are by J.B Coats.






 


 
 
Through The Valley
 
A daily devotion for October 18th
 
From your friends at RayStedman.org
 
 
Read: Psalm 23:4
 
 
 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me (Psalm 23:4).
 
 
 
This again is a very picturesque scene. The shepherd is leading the sheep back home at evening. As they go down through a narrow gorge, the long shadows lie across the trail. In the Hebrew this is a valley of deep shadows. The sheep, because they are so timid and defenseless, are frightened by their experience. But they trust the shepherd, and therefore they are comforted. They will fear no evil because the shepherd is with them. We are reminded of the Lord's words quoted in the book of Hebrews: Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). Hence we can confidently say, The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? (Hebrews 13:6). I do not know what your experience has been, but whenever I'm in a situation like this, when there is a great deal of pressure, I begin to wonder if the Lord hasn't abandoned me. But He says He never leaves us, never forsakes us. He is always there. Therefore, we have no reason to fear. That is a great comfort.
And then David writes, Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. The rod was a club that was used to drive off wild animals. It was never used on the sheep but was a heavy instrument used to protect the sheep from marauding predators. The staff was a slender pole with a little crook on the end that was used to aid the sheep. The crook could be hooked around the leg of a sheep to pull it from harm. Or it could be used as an instrument to direct, and occasionally to discipline, the sheep with taps on the side of the body.
Understanding how shepherds tend their sheep has helped me so much in understanding the character of God. When I go wandering away He doesn't say, There goes that stupid sheep, and--WHAP!--down comes that big club! No, His attitude is, How can I help My sheep? How can I move in to bring him back into line? How can I comfort him and supply what he needs? God may have to discipline, but He always does it in love. He reproves, corrects, encourages, and instructs in righteousness, dealing with us firmly and gently.
The rod and staff are also used against the two greatest enemies we have to face. The rod is for the enemy without, Satan, who is working through the world system to destroy us. Jesus said, He is a liar and a murderer. He's out to devour us, and so the Lord uses the club on him. But I am the other enemy, the enemy within. In the immortal words, We have met the enemy, and he is us. I know that. The shepherd's staff is used to chasten and subdue the enemy within. But the confidence He gives is that I have nothing to fear, neither from the enemy without or from the enemy within.
Lord, thank You for leading me through the dark valley, keeping me from harm as I go. Thank You even for Your reproof and correction, which is another expression of Your great love.
 

 
 
Life Application
 
The Good Shepherd surrounds His sheep with His constant presence. What are two evidences of His protecting love and His firm and gentle care for the sheep?
 
Related Message
 
For more on this portion of Scripture read the message:
The Shepherd Psalm
or listen to the audio by clicking:
 
Listen to Ray
 
 
Previous
 
Devotions for October
 
Next
 
 
 
Want to Subscribe?
 
Subscribe / Unsubscribe to this Daily Devotion by Email
 
Copyright © 2014 Ray Stedman Ministries — This daily devotion is from the book The Power of His Presence: a year of devotions from the writings of Ray Stedman, compiled by Mark Mitchell. It may be copied for personal non-commercial use only in its entirety free of charge. All copies must contain this copyright notice and a hyperlink to RayStedman.org if the copy is posted on the Internet.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment