Friday, October 16, 2015

Coming home.....

Coming home....

I did  one of the things widows are not supposed to do first thing, I bought and moved into a different home immediately after my husband's passing. In fact, my family helped me clean out and pack before and after His memorial...
Due to my husband's health, we hadn't lived in our home since his cancer diagnosis six months earlier... We lived in residence hotels for treatments in another town, ...we lived in an apartment when we returned home because our home was too spread out for him to be able to walk or me to care for him. It wasn't a handicapped accessible home...so we went down to a fourth the size of our home...much better for all.....
All our lives, wherever we lived, in a travel trailer to a mountain cabin, from the arid desert of Southern California to the lush forests of Oregon, we made whatever accommodations into a home.....but it was always a "we" or "our"  Now it is an "I" or "my".
My husband never saw this house, never stepped foot into it. His presence was never here...which made somethings easier and others harder....
That being said, God's presence is here no matter what... He has graced this home all the time, just as he has in all the homes we lived...all the places we have been to..
Even though there are times I have said, like the psalmist , "where are You?" He has never left...
Coming home after my first voyage away, I missed sharing all the excitement of seeing new things, places with my husband and it was the 6th month anniversary of his passing...this little house grew into an empty cavernous place...until I laid those ideas, my raw emotions out before the Lord...and he filled the space with Himself again...I can't say it was easy...but, I had comfort....from the Comforter...

Thank YOU for filling the spaces around me...for listening to my stories even though You know them already..for making Your abode with me...YOu are always there...

Jesus calling---October 16
Look to Me continually for help, comfort, and companionship. Because I am always by your side, the briefest glance can connect you with Me. When you look to Me for help, it flows freely from My Presence. This recognition of your need for Me, in small matters as well as in large ones, keeps you spiritually alive.
When you need comfort, I love to enfold you in My arms. I enable you not only to feel comforted but also to be a channel through whom I comfort others. Thus you are doubly blessed, because a living channel absorbs some of whatever flows through it.
My constant Companionship is the pièce de résistance: the summit of salvation blessings. No matter what losses you experience in your life, no one can take away this glorious gift.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles.
—Psalm 34:4–6

Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.
—Psalm 105:4

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
—2 Corinthians 1:3–4

No comments:

Post a Comment