Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Unfinished....

Unfinished....

I had to wake myself up from a bad dream. It came in segments, different scenes, different places, but no matter were I was, things weren't finished. Nothing was compete...started projects; tools left everywhere; dangerous situations unsolved; people lost and not found; no directions for anything; uncared for items, homes, people; no maps in towns; no numbers on buildings; neglect everywhere......I kept looking and looking for my dad and my husband, but nobody knew where they were or really cared in all this disarray... Chaos abounded...when I woke up, I felt exhausted from searching and searching...not rest from the sleep, but tired from hunting....

What did it mean?  What was my lesson from this?? I don't know...but it made me think about unfinished chaos, projects, .....what did I need to do?  What was unfinished in my life?  What have I neglected?  What directions have I not heeded? What have I left uncared for?  Whom have I not answered? Have i prioritized and put in order?  Is there someone I need to mentor? Am I finishing the race? Am I completing the tasks set before me?

For me, where chaos reigns, there is not peace .....physically or emotionally ...I need to see or feel that there is some order even the chaos...or a goal in mind....working toward something and a finish...

Thank You for the wake up call....help me to know how to respond ....to finish...to the tasks You have set before me...that would glorify You and further Your kingdom...  


Titus 1:5
[ Appointing Elders Who Love What Is Good ] The reason I left you in Crete was that you might put in order what was left unfinished and appoint elders in every town, as I directed you.

Revelation 3:2
Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God.

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment