Thursday, May 22, 2014

Guarding....

Guarding....


Nahum 2:1
 An attacker advances against you, .... Guard the fortress, watch the road, brace yourselves, marshal all your strength!

There are days when I feel like I am living this verse in Nahum. He was warning against an attack on Nineveh, but it could just as easily been  me or those around me, relentless attack.....guarding myself, my emotions, I am bracing myself against the inevitable, gathering all my strength, prayer partners...against an attitude, a change, a force, a personality, a rumor,  a sin, a peace taker, etc, etc. Etc...

I feel like I have to do it alone...but no, I don't ....as much as I feel alone, I am not, as Jesus never leaves me or forsakes me, there are those who will stand with me....
God's  strength comes through ..in my weakness...He is the true guardian....the Holy
Spirit guides,whispering truth...to my beaten and longing soul...building up the fortress...guarding His own...thank YOU....


Matthew 16:6
“Be careful,” Jesus said to them. “Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”

Mark 13:33
Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.

Proverbs 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.

Proverbs 24:12
If you say, “But we knew nothing about this,” does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay everyone according to what they have done?

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:12
That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment