Friday, May 9, 2014

Say what?.....

Say what?

There moments in our lives that have us wondering..."what, say that again"

You've got cancer...
You won't be able to speak...
You are going to lead these millions of people put of bondage...
I will make you a father of nations...
I will make you a mother of the Saviour.....
Your going to have triplets.....
Your husband has been shot....
There has been an accident....
Your mother/father has had a stroke....
He has terminal depression...
You got straight a's....
You have been accepted to....
Will you marry me....
Your child has ....
Your house was hit by a.....
He has been found....
You have won the lottery....
I forgive you....
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

And we do a double take again and again....those curve balls...some hard to face and others, exhilaration....

Trust.....the little five letter word...so little, yet so big of a concept That we have the opportunity to hear it, feel it, learn it for a life time...each new curve In the road of life seems to highlight that thought of "trust".. We can fight it and reach for our own way or we can wait on that overpowering peace of trust in the midst of good and "unplanned".

 I don't like curve balls, they are unexpected, chancy, and throw me out of my routine...I like steady, known, planned...but, some of those surprises bring life lessons I wouldn't have learned otherwise, even though hard....and some are totally awe inspiring and blessings from the beginning...all planned by a loving God who wants us to look first to Him and rest in His assurances that He cares...and wants what is best for our lives...our earthly journey .....

Thank You, even in those curve balls of life, sometimes it is so hard to trust....I know that You are bringing me to that place again and again...resting in Your presence...

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

Psalm 31:14
But I trust in you, Lord; I say, “You are my God.”

Psalm 32:10
Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord’s unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him.

Psalm 40:3
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.

Psalm 56:3
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.


"Jesus calling-Trust Me, and watch to see what I will do."

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
—Romans 8:28

But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
—Micah 7:7


A song to rest in...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gpIUMYLbkEA




No comments:

Post a Comment