Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My wall....


My wall...

When I wake up each morning or night,  the light shows my wall on the other side of the room. It has four trees silhouetted with the word, serenity, amongst the trunks. I had this wall in my previous house as well and when I moved, I needed this reminder again...serenity...that calmness of the reminder of rustling leaves In the wind, birds singing, tranquility in the storms of life...

"Serenity  hides in life's little moments..."

"Serenity is an inside job..."

"se·ren·i·ty  [suh-ren-i-tee]  Show IPA
noun, plural se·ren·i·ties for 2.
1.
the state or quality of being serene, calm, or tranquil; sereneness......

Synonyms
1. composure, calm, peacefulness, peace.

Antonyms
1. agitation.
Dictionary.com Unabridged "

It is a desire of mine to portray that calmness, that serenity, that peace...but it doesn't all the time....I find myself in the drama mode many times, not keeping the calmness...contentedness....the peace that passes all understanding ...feeding the drama of life instead....not going immediately to prayer....but contemplating, agitating, the opposite until God draws me back to the wall...the serenity...the handing over of the burdens...to His broad shoulders...away from my failing and weak ones...

We may have all heard the Serenity Prayer, if not, it bears repeating....

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference --Reinhold Niebuhr"


Thank YOU for serenity...the calmness .....may I hold on to Your hand, Your promises,, more and more each day...seeking Your will...

Psalm 107:29-31
New International Version (NIV)
29 He stilled the storm to a whisper;
    the waves of the sea were hushed.
30 They were glad when it grew calm,
    and he guided them to their desired haven.
31 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
    and his wonderful deeds for mankind.

Psalm 131:2
But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content...

Proverbs 15:18
A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel.

Proverbs 29:11
Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end.

Ecclesiastes 10:4
If a ruler’s anger rises against you, do not leave your post; calmness can lay great offenses to rest.

Luke 8:24
The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!” He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm.




http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WN8BFBE9HL0/S8GElrWCHYI/AAAAAAAAA1w/rnksRL8x4Lk/s1600/serenity-prayer-and-sea-sunset1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment