Saturday, February 17, 2024

Valentine’s Day dinners…

 

Valentine’s Day dinners…

.          I found this plaque for sale…

The first church couple’s dinner I can remember with my husband was very pre-children…they had games for couples, blind folds for the wives to be able to pick  out their husbands by feeling their hands…we actually won…(my husband had really nobby wrist bones)…
Then the husbands  had to pick out their wives by their bare feet…

Lots of laughs and lots of years have ensued since then… we are more formal now, dinner served by the dressed-up teens, love songs sang by 
professionals, twinkling lights hung around the sanctuary, fancy centerpieces…

It is nostalgic and a bit lonely as a widow going to valentine’s dinners…where once we sat as a couple, now no more…but good memories abound, there are still good times, good memories…knowing what I know now, I would still do it all again…with some changes…but, mostly not…we would still go through the hard times to make the goods times better…I would still say yes to the proposal…I would still go through times of meagerness to enjoy the times of abundance…I would still go through the sorrows to learn the lessons of faith, commitment, care…

God has been faithful through so much…in the floods , in the storms…in the abundance, in the scarce…in sickness and in health…..even in the deaths…

So as I watch others navigate through life, the young couples, the middle aged couples and the aged  ones…there are still lessons to learn…
Hold each others hands, smile at one another, talk to one another…encourage one another, bear with one another, live…love…be faithful, be grateful, seek God…study His Word…pray with one another…

Besides, he was a saint to put up with me…

Thank YOU…


 fear not, for I am with you;be not dismayed, for I am your God;I will strengthen you, I will help you,I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
 Isa.41.10

 But now thus says the Lord,he who created you, O Jacob,he who formed you, O Israel:“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;I have called you by name, you are mine. 
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,and the flame shall not consume you.
Isa.43.1-2


Nothing can separate us…


Some secular love songs…but, our dinner singers were much better…






No comments:

Post a Comment