Thursday, February 29, 2024

Pinewood derby…

 Pinewood derby….


Last night I went to a dinner and pinewood derby races for one of the local Awanas group. Great dinner, great fellowship, great races and competitions…two of my grandsons competed…
The creativeness shown by the competitors is amazing…all within the rules of the car dimensions and weight limits …

“Car Dimension Rules
 The overall length of the car shall not exceed 7 inches.
 The overall width of the car shall not exceed 2 3⁄4 inches.
 The car must have 1 3⁄4” clearance between the wheels.
 The car must have 3/8” clearance underneath the body so it does not rub on the
track.
  Derby Car Weight Rules
 The car shall not exceed 5.0 ounces……”

As I watched , I couldn’t help but think of the verses in Hebrews about our “race” here on earth…then the pastor got up and spoke about the same verses, (we read the Book), as the they were tallying the race results…

At this the local race were the spectators all around cheering on the cars…
The cars has no “drag” to slow them down, they have a designated track, and they have a finish line with more cheering for the winners…they have practiced and practiced to see what works the best for the most speed within the limits…

(I had to chuckle as I reread these verses, after months of physical therapy this past year, lifting up drooping hands and strengthening weak knees has really become a personal picture for myself and all those I met at therapy)….

We have a cheering crowd, we may not see them or know them…as we run our earthly race… there is joy in  the heavens when a sinner repents…God loves us so….

Thank YOU…

 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. 
Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. 
Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed.
Heb.12.1-3Heb.12.12-13

 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.
 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. 
They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.
 So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 
But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
1Cor.9.24-27

 Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
Luke.15.10

Run the race…

No comments:

Post a Comment