Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Not for show…

 


Not for a show…



So the awards have been given for various categories…the endless pictures of ball gowns in a myriad of colors, designs …who said what, who was seen with whom, etc, etc, etc…creative talents of many…

I have to admit, I didn’t watch the award ceremonies, but pictures keep popping up in my news feed, so I get a quick overview whether I like it or not…

Comparisons abound during these times…and they continue into all walks of life…


Who has the most money, biggest house, nicest car, most intelligence…etc…


It has a way of elevating one over another…


And reading Romans 14 addresses that to a degree…each of us must give account…not to man,but to God…it won’t be on our cars, our designer gowns, our money, our houses…but on where we stand with Jesus… 


…..”It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. 

for it is written,“As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me,and every tongue shall confess to God.” 


So then each of us will give an account of himself to God. 


For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 

Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. 

So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.”

Rom.14.4b, 11-12, 17-19


 “And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Matt.6.16-18


Thank YOU…


Nearer my God to thee…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtWVTCea_sw


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1mQT1u_45I

No comments:

Post a Comment