Sunday, February 4, 2024

Testimonies…

 


Testimonies…



 I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,and I am saved from my enemies.

Ps.18.1-3


 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Matt.5.14-16


These two verses from two different Bible Apps are the verses for today…David’s and part of Jesus’ words from the Sermon on the Mount…


I was awakened this am by a friend’s phone call about what she had dreamed and it was something she wanted recorded and written down…part of her testimony of God’s faithfulness to her…


Was reminded of the recent memorial service I attended…the pastor read the testimony written by the young woman…not sure there was a dry eye at the end…but, she had definitely not set her light under a basket…it still shone brightly even in death…


We each have a testimony to share…maybe short and sweet or lengthy…the times that God has blessed us, spoken directly to us, saved us…times when we feel His presence so deeply there are no words or we want to shout it from the roof tops…

We can add it to our wills or trusts for future reading of our descendants…we can record it with our voices…we can embroider it on plaques…so many ways to pass it on…not hiding it away…


Thank YOU for testimonies of those who have gone before or the one You have given each of us…help us to share and bless others now and in the future…Your Word cannot be hidden…


 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heavenand do not return there but water the earth,making it bring forth and sprout,giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;it shall not return to me empty,but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

Isa.55.10-11


Testimony…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyOrS3kY8BY


To God be the glory…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E4_MUUaioc


No comments:

Post a Comment