Tuesday, February 6, 2024

The Lord is patient with you…

 


The Lord is patient with you….


The title for the day….”the Lord is patient with you” ….I read this and I asked, “but, am I patient with Him?”


I had plans for the day…important things to accomplish, appointments to keep, phone calls to make and those important things had to run like clockwork to get them all done…


Well, it didn’t happen that way…I didn’t know I needed to clean out my refrigerator due to a crab bag bursting and spilling juice all over…I didn’t know I needed to mop and clean my floor that day…and several other events that weren’t on “my schedule “…


Maybe this just happens to me, but I had to put down my plans and say, “ okay, what are your plans for me?”


First and foremost He desire is…

 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

2Pet.3.9


Give the day over to Him…His plans are for our good…


 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Jer.29.11-13


 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Rom.8.28


It reminds me of the death of Lazarus in John 11…Jesus was told that his friend was ill, but he stayed where he was longer than what Lazarus’  family really wanted…Lazarus died…and basically, “if You would have come sooner he wouldn’t have died”…Martha and Mary’s plan”…but Jesus had something so much better…He raised him up before the family and the people…a story for the world to read in the Word…God’s plans may not be what we expect…


Thank YOU….


Your plans for us…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW2n0zs6Myk
















No comments:

Post a Comment