Sunday, November 19, 2023

Weary…

 Weary….


Huddled in a chair, weary to the bone from drama, fatigue, life…I read this verse…

 I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”
Jer.31.25

I remember drinking in those words like water to parched land…I had been reading through the Bible again and those words came exactly the day I needed them…

And God knew I needed them…

Weariness still creeps in now and again, but that verse overpowers it…then the song, “Turn Your Eyes upon  Jesus” plays in my mind…my eyes are  not looking at the right place…

 I thought about this as I started Hebrews 12…

 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.
 And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.
 For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 
Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Heb.12.1-3

Having just finished the great list of the faithful in chapter 11…they endured, some weary along their way…but they looked to God…and He gave them a mantle of praise through his Word…

Thank YOU…

 My soul is weary with sorrow;strengthen me according to your word.
Ps.119.28

 Do you not know?Have you not heard?The Lord is the everlasting God,the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
 Even youths grow tired and weary,and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint.
Isa.40.28-31

 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matt.11.28

 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Gal.6.9


Turn your eyes upon Jesus…

No comments:

Post a Comment