Tuesday, November 14, 2023

To do or not to do…

  To do or not to do….


This last year my “to do” list  has been a bit shortened…healing was top priority…and as much as I like to be active and busy…that wasn’t part of my “list”…I didn’t have the energy or stamina to be out and about….but, slowly I have been able to return to some outside-the-house activities which has been a delight…and I am so appreciative of being able to return church and family activities, some travel…

With this, I ask more and more which things I should do or not do…which activities I have a peace to do or which to say no to…God is always willing to give directions if we just ask…

I am thankful He still allowed blogging as an outlet…He was always there teaching me, helping me see His fingerprints, His movement in all that was happening…and each day is a delight and new lesson…so even in the rougher times, I could be thankful…He never leaves or forsakes…and His calm presence is sustaining…

Thank YOU….

 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”
John.2.5

 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.
Rom.2.13

 Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor. So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God, just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.
1Cor.10.24,1Cor.10.31-33

 Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
1Cor.11.28

 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Col.3.16-17

 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
Col.3.23-24

 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
Jas.1.22-25

 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people.
 Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.
1Pet.2.15-16

Good good Father…

No comments:

Post a Comment