Sunday, July 9, 2023

Words with friends…integrity…

 Words with friends…integrity….


I play Words with friends with two people who do not live near…we can chat sometimes online and catch or just play the game…both of them are brainy, so I seldom win…and as much as I would like to look up words to play, we established not to use a dictionary…and I trust that they don’t…they have given their word…

This word, integrity, popped out of the Word this am…I realized I look for it in others and try to live it…
When going to a new advisor, doctor, business, etc.., buy a new product…I look up their/it’s rating…we have the magazine, “consumer reports” which is supposed to be unbiased and tests products…do they live up to the hype received?…I want to know the truth about the product or person…

Paul, in one of his letters to the Corinthians speaks to them of integrity…how they dealt with them…
Job is described as a man of integrity…
David led his people with integrity…
Titus was admonished to teach with integrity…
And of course, God is the ultimate worker and shower of integrity…
We can count on Him…as he is Truth…

integrity

1
firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : Incorruptibility , Merriam Webster 

 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity and godly sincerity. 
We have done so, relying not on worldly wisdom but on God’s grace. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. 
He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
 Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work with you for your joy, because it is by faith you stand firm.
2Cor.1.12,1.21-22,24

 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”
Job.2.3

 May integrity and uprightness protect me,because my hope, Lord, is in you.
Ps.25.21

 And David shepherded them with integrity of heart;with skillful hands he led them.
Ps.78.72

 Whoever walks in integrity walks securely,but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.
Prov.10.9

 The bloodthirsty hate a person of integrity and seek to kill the upright.
Prov.29.10

 “Turn to me and be saved,all you ends of the earth;for I am God, and there is no other. 
By myself I have sworn,my mouth has uttered in all integrity a  word that will not be revoked:Before me every knee will bow;by me every tongue will swear.
Isa.45.22-23

 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. 
In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
Titus.2.7,8

Questions I ask…to examine my behavior, motives, words…
Am I or are they being truthful?
Do I deal with others in a way, that shows  integrity?
What’s my “ rating”? 1-5 stars?

Paul speaks of this in regard to  overseers…
 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.
1Tim.3.7

Job 31…

Thank YOU….

May the Words ….


 


No comments:

Post a Comment