Sunday, July 16, 2023

Marbled memories…..

 “Marbled memories “….


I inherited my dad’s glass marbles which I mixed with the marbles I had acquired as a child…they sit in a glass canning jar that is older than I am…sparkling reminders of past days…

This week, I was reminded over and over of answered prayers…and I had the privilege to remind others of their answered prayers as well..what a joy to remember and see God’s answers…

The Title of this is from an article in Multnomah University’s president’s report of 2008…written by the late Daniel Lockwood, a friend and former president of Multnomah University…I saved this particular report because of this article…a visual used in everyday life of God’s provision and care…

“He wants us to remember His great accomplishments in the past so we will trust Him for the challenges that lie ahead.” Daniel Lockwood…

We get prayer requests frequently and we have our own …but there are times to look back and see how God worked in those…reading through Acts and the epistles, there are numerous times when Paul or others, or Jesus in the Gospels speak of answered prayers…when they are praying…or others are praying for them …sometimes we see the answers in the Word and other times we don’t…but we know that God has worked, is working  and will work, taking care of those requests, desperate pleas, whispered words, silent cares, public announcements…

Sometimes it takes a jar of marbles to remind us that God cares for our every need…spoken and unspoken….

 Give attention to the sound of my cry,my King and my God,for to you do I pray. 
The Lord has heard my plea;the Lord accepts my prayer.
Ps.5.2,Ps.6.9

 And they went to a place called Gethsemane. And he said to his disciples, “Sit here while I pray.”
Mark.14.32

John 17

 So Peter was kept in prison, but earnest prayer for him was made to God by the church.
Acts.12.5

 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Rom.12.12

 And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 
At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison…..
Col.1.9,Col.4.3

Thank YOU…

The Lord’s Prayer…two renditions…



 





No comments:

Post a Comment