Wednesday, July 12, 2023

A night at the movies…l

 Not my usual kind of blog…



A night at the movies…

“A nights at the movies “ usually means, for me, a fun, uplighting evening of entertainment, leaving the movie house feeling good, cheerful and exhilarated…”La, la land music” type of feelings…

Not so this week…

This week was “Sound of Freedom”…not the usual entertaining , uplifting genre …I didn’t go home blissfully entertained, feeling good about the world…

This week was a message, a brutal message…of loss…of  children used, abused and thrown away…

“Human trafficking is a global business generating $150 billion in illegal profits. It encompasses forced labor, sex trafficking, organ trafficking and more.” https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/fighting-human-trafficking-and-battling-bidens-open-border

Scenes from  scripture came to mind..

 You shall not give any of your children to offer them [by fire as a sacrifice] to Molech [the god of the Ammonites], nor shall you profane the name of your God [by honoring idols as gods]. I am the Lord. 
 “Moreover, you shall say to the children of Israel,‘Any Israelite or any stranger residing in Israel who gives any of his children to Molech (the god of the Ammonites) [as a human sacrifice] shall most certainly be put to death; the people of the land shall stone him with stones.  I will also set My face against that man [opposing him, withdrawing My protection from him] and will cut him off from his people [excluding him from the atonement made for them], because he has given some of his children to Molech, so as to defile My sanctuary and profane My holy name.  If the people of the land should ever tolerate that man when he gives any of his children [as a burnt offering] to Molech, and fail to put him to death [as My law requires],  then I shall set My face against that man and against his [extended] family, and I will cut off from their people both him and all who follow him in playing the prostitute (commit apostasy) with Molech.
Lev.18.21,Lev.20.2-5

 Now the men of Sodom were wicked, great sinners against the Lord.
Gen.13.13

 But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house. And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.” Lot went out to the men at the entrance, shut the door after him, and said, “I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man. Let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please. Only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.”
Gen.19.4-8

 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
Matt.18.5-6

 As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.” And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” 
And it came out that very hour. But when her owners saw that their hope of gain was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace before the rulers.
Acts.16.16-19

I thought this interesting…instead of dwelling on the problems this movie presents, some people are skimming over reason behind it to tear it down…whitewashing the darkness…



There is help…there is hope…

 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
2Chr.7.14

Psalm 11
Joel

I don’t have nice pictures to include in this blog…but lists of places to look up…to find info…search out…

Let the children come…








 





No comments:

Post a Comment