Thursday, July 27, 2023

 Cleaning out for change…


My beautiful larkspur has run its course… reduced to its seed bearing stage and covered the ground with its blue potpourri of petals…I pulled it all out leaving, hopefully, enough seeds to sprout again next year. I planted more seed of different flowers for the rest of the summer and fall. Last year I got two crops of flowers to the help the bee and butterfly population…

Cleaning out the old for the new…sometimes that is so hard…I like to cling to the old for it has usually passed that test of time or it is “comfortable “…but there is a time  and place to clean it out…

I thought of that last night as the question was asked, “what is our praise to God?”…many were raised…I thought about that…mine was each morning/day there are new lessons to learn. God’s Word rejoices in “new every morning “ or “this is new day”…providing manna, bread, the Word enough for each each…it builds and builds into our lives…precept upon precept…line upon line…never too much or too little…just the right amount that we are able to bear, understand, feed upon…

Again I looked at the flowers left, their symmetry, the patterns in their delicate lines, the plan for pollination for future “like” flowers…each one a picture of the plans for future growth…even though they only last a few days, gone in a vapor of time…withering quickly, to be replaced by another…
If God cares so much for this beauty he has given us, He definitely cares for  man whom he created in his image…He loved us from the beginning and had a plan…and he gives us that daily sustenance…

Thank YOU…

 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. We love because he first loved us.
1John.4.10,19

 “To whom will he teach knowledge,and to whom will he explain the message?Those who are weaned from the milk,those taken from the breast? For it is precept upon precept, precept upon precept,line upon line, line upon line,here a little, there a little.”
Isa.28.9-10

 This is the day that the Lord has made;let us rejoice and be glad in it.
 You are my God, and I will give thanks to you;you are my God;
 I will extol you. 
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;for his steadfast love endures forever!
Ps.118.24,Ps.118.28,Ps.118.29

 Give us this day our daily bread,
Matt.6.11

 I am the bread of life. Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”
John.6.48-51

Bread of Heaven…








No comments:

Post a Comment