Saturday, April 22, 2023

The Walker…

 The Walker…


I have a Walker beside my bed, chair or wherever I light…I need to use it basically all the time when I walk.


I have never used a Walker until this last winter…my legs took me everywhere I wanted to go…and I find myself getting ready to walk on my own, only to remember I need the Walker for strength and help right now…hopefully soon, within weeks I can go again on my own without it…progressing…but for now I do depend upon it…I can only take the important things with me, light weight, easy to carry…


When my husband was ill, he went from walking on his own, to a Walker, to a wheelchair and finally bedridden…regressing…


As I was reading our women’s Study for now, “the Practice of Godliness”, by Jerry Bridges… I thought of this progression, this walk…our “Walker, helper” is the Holy Spirit helping us to progressively walk a more godly life…teaching us ,  counseling us, walking with us in this  journey as believers…humility,  contentment, thankfulness, joy, holiness, self-control, faithfulness, peace, patience, gentleness, kindness and goodness, love…until we reach the goal…


I know my walking will never be quite the same again, because of added new body parts, but there is the goal of walking on my own… 

Learning to walk in the Spirit always requires help  until we walk right into heaven someday…


 And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul,

Deut.10.12


 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,

Ps.1.1


 For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling,that I may walk before God in the light of life.

Ps.56.13


 My son, keep your father’s commandand do not forsake your mother’s teaching. 

Bind them always on your heart;fasten them around your neck. When you walk, they will guide you;when you sleep, they will watch over you;when you awake, they will speak to you. 

For this command is a lamp,this teaching is a light,and correction and instruction are the way to life,

Prov.6.20-23


 True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin.

Mal.2.6


 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. 

As God has said:“I will live with them and walk among them,and I will be their God,and they will be my people.”

2Cor.6.16


Ephesians 5 

1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.


Colossians 3:12-17

 12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


Thank YOU…


Closer walk with thee…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIfqa_741s0


No comments:

Post a Comment