Saturday, April 15, 2023

My Words…

 My Words…


Reading through Matthew 24:1-35, Mark 13:1-31 and Luke 21:5-33…


They all describe the “destruction of the Temple and signs of the end times”…


They each end with…

“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Luke.21.33


God’s Word is eternal…heaven and earth are temporary…


Was thinking that in Genesis, God spoke and things happened…

Psalm 119 describes the Word is so many ways…a few from the longest chapter in the Bible…


 Blessed are those whose ways are blameless,who walk according to the law of the Lord. 

Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart— I seek you with all my heart;do not let me stray from your commands. 

I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. 

I delight in your decrees;

I will not neglect your word. 

Be good to your servant while I live,that I may obey your word. Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law. 

My soul is consumed with longingfor your laws at all times. 

Your statutes are my delight;they are my counselors. 

I am laid low in the dust;preserve my life according to your word. 

I gave an account of my ways and you answered me;teach me your decrees. 

My soul is weary with sorrow;strengthen me according to your word. 

I have chosen the way of faithfulness;I have set my heart on your laws. 

Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees,that I may follow it to the end. 

Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart. 

Direct me in the path of your commands,for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things;preserve my life according to your word. 

How I long for your precepts!In your righteousness preserve my life. 

Never take your word of truth from my mouth,for I have put my hope in your laws. 

I reach out for your commands, which I love,that I may meditate on your decrees. 

Remember your word to your servant,for you have given me hope. My comfort in my suffering is this:Your promise preserves my life. 

I remember, Lord, your ancient laws,and I find comfort in them. Your decrees are the theme of my song wherever I lodge. 

I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes. 

The earth is filled with your love, Lord;teach me your decrees. Teach me knowledge and good judgment,for I trust your commands. 

The law from your mouth is more precious to me-than thousands of pieces of silver and gold. 

I know, Lord, that your laws are righteous,and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me. 

May I wholeheartedly follow your decrees,that I may not be put to shame. 

Your word, Lord, is eternal;it stands firm in the heavens. 

Your faithfulness continues through all generations;you established the earth, and it endures. 

Your laws endure to this day,for all things serve you. 

To all perfection I see a limit,but your commands are boundless. Oh, how I love your law!I meditate on it all day long. 

Your word is a lamp for my feet,a light on my path. 

My flesh trembles in fear of you;I stand in awe of your laws. 

Your statutes are wonderful;therefore I obey them. 

The unfolding of your words gives light;it gives understanding to the simple. 

You are righteous, Lord,and your laws are right. 

Your statutes are always righteous;give me understanding that I may live. 

Yet you are near, Lord,and all your commands are true. 

All your words are true;all your righteous laws are eternal. 

Great peace have those who love your law,and nothing can make them stumble.

Ps.119.1,Ps.119.2,Ps.119.10,Ps.119.15,Ps.119.16,Ps.119.17,Ps.119.18,Ps.119.20,Ps.119.24,Ps.119.25,Ps.119.26,Ps.119.28,Ps.119.30,Ps.119.33,Ps.119.34,Ps.119.35,Ps.119.36,Ps.119.37,Ps.119.40,Ps.119.43,Ps.119.48,Ps.119.49,Ps.119.50,Ps.119.52,Ps.119.54,Ps.119.59,Ps.119.64,Ps.119.66,Ps.119.72,Ps.119.75,Ps.119.80,Ps.119.89,Ps.119.90,Ps.119.91,Ps.119.96,Ps.119.97,Ps.119.105,Ps.119.120,Ps.119.129,Ps.119.130,Ps.119.137,Ps.119.144,Ps.119.151,Ps.119.160,Ps.119.165


The Psalmist speaks of the eternal word…as did Jesus in the gospels… 


 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

John.6.68


 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

John.12.50


There is eternity in His Word, because the Word is eternal…


 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

He was with God in the beginning. 

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 

In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. 

The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. 

We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John.1:1-5,9,14


Jesus is the Word…when we study the written Word, we are studying Jesus, the living Word…He with the Holy Spirit brings the written Word to life…truth, conviction…


Thank YOU….



Word of God speak…Mercy Me


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JK_6osCH74


No comments:

Post a Comment