Saturday, February 4, 2023

For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of…

 


For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of….



 “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 

You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. 

A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. 

For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Matt.12.33-37


Cringe-worthy…totally my judgment here…there are people who when they speak, just make me cringe, either their attitude, their delivery, their choice of words…it just grates like a fingernail on a chalkboard…and I can’t hear them or my mind turns them off…I shut down to whatever they may be saying…I am not trying be offensive toward them…but something in my spirit just cannot handle them…I try to be attentive and I may look that way, but I am somewhere else…I have to admit that, confess it…


Looking up the word, “mouth”, the books of Psalms and Proverbs have much to say about what comes out of the mouth…


I want my mouth/ heart to reflect what Jesus would have me think and say…


Thank YOU….


Psalm 10:7 (ESV)

His mouth is filled with cursing and deceit and oppression; under his tongue are mischief and iniquity.

 

Psalm 17:3 (ESV)

You have tried my heart, you have visited me by night, you have tested me, and you will find nothing; I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress.


Psalm 19:14 (ESV)

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.


 The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold. 

I open my mouth and pant,longing for your commands.

Ps.119.72, 131


 Set a guard over my mouth, Lord;keep watch over the door of my lips.

Ps.141.3


 Keep your mouth free of perversity;keep corrupt talk far from your lips.

Prov.4.24


 All the words of my mouth are just;none of them is crooked or perverse.

Prov.8.8


 The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life,but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence. 

The wise store up knowledge,but the mouth of a fool invites ruin. 

From the mouth of the righteous comes the fruit of wisdom,but a perverse tongue will be silenced. 

The lips of the righteous know what finds favor,but the mouth of the wicked only what is perverse.

Prov.10.11,Prov.10.14,Prov.10.31-32


 The tongue of the wise adorns knowledge,but the mouth of the fool gushes folly. 

The discerning heart seeks knowledge,but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly. 

The heart of the righteous weighs its answers,but the mouth of the wicked gushes evil.

Prov.15.2,Prov.15.14,Prov.15.28



 The hearts of the wise make their mouths prudent,and their lips promote instruction. 

Gracious words are a honeycomb,sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

Prov.16.23-24


 The words of the mouth are deep waters,but the fountain of wisdom is a rushing stream. 

The lips of fools bring them strife,and their mouths invite a beating. 

The mouths of fools are their undoing,and their lips are a snare to their very lives.

Prov.18.4,Prov.18.6-7


 Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity.

Prov.21.23


 A lying tongue hates those it hurts,and a flattering mouth works ruin.

Prov.26.28


 She speaks with wisdom,and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

Prov.31.26


Bless the Lord…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSxocnIaN0A




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt7SGmo3gqQ






No comments:

Post a Comment