Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Proclaimed scriptures…death of a monarch…

 Proclaimed scriptures…death of a monarch…


 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth,making it bring forth and sprout,giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, 

so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;it shall not return to me empty,but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

Isa.55.10-11


These verses have been on my mind this week as I have watched bits and pieces of the Royal family in England go through the rituals and pomp of a royal funeral with the passing of the Queen of England and British Empire…


She was not only a queen but a wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother…there have been various descriptions of her over the time she has reigned, a “woman of faith “, one of humor, peace loving, stalwart, the last of the “greatest generation “…


Throughout this ordeal, scripture has been proclaimed, read from the Word…over and over again…

The whole gospel story was read in one instance…

The following was also read…


 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. 

If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 

And you know the way to where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. 

How can we know the way?” 

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John.14.1-6


Another person spoke of the Queen’s request at the beginning of her reign. Praying the prayer of Solomon…


 And Solomon said, “You have shown great and steadfast love to your servant David my father, because he walked before you in faithfulness, in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart toward you. And you have kept for him this great and steadfast love and have given him a son to sit on his throne this day. And now, O Lord my God, you have made your servant king in place of David my father, although I am but a little child. I do not know how to go out or come in. And your servant is in the midst of your people whom you have chosen, a great people, too many to be numbered or counted for multitude. Give your servant therefore an understanding mind to govern your people, that I may discern between good and evil, for who is able to govern this your great people?”

1Kgs.3.6-9


Also, pictures of the various ceremonies, the cameras panned the beautiful windows of art…depicting so many scenes from the Word…


I did not know her heart, only God knows that…but I know that through her death, the Word is being  proclaimed worldwide…through the use of media…and that God can use his Word…it doesn’t come back empty or void…and that’s a promise to stand upon…


Thank YOU…

No comments:

Post a Comment