Saturday, September 24, 2022

Friends…

 Friends….


Reading Psalm 55 reminds me of friends…


David was lamenting of lost friendship…betrayal of trust…


 For it is not an enemy who taunts me—then I could bear it;it is not an adversary who deals insolently with me—then I could hide from him. 

But it is you, a man, my equal,my companion, my familiar friend. We used to take sweet counsel together;within God's house we walked in the throng. 

My companion stretched out his hand against his friends;he violated his covenant. 

His speech was smooth as butter,yet war was in his heart;his words were softer than oil,yet they were drawn swords.

Ps.55.12-14, 20-21


It made me think of friendships over my life, I have  friends from elementary school, high school, college, from all the places we have lived, ones whom I feel I could still call on if need be, others in different parts of the world.I see them occasionally and regularly on Facebook or other media, encouraging one another…commenting on life, ministry, children, grandchildren, parenting, travels,and even the hard times…we connect at various levels…and I am so grateful for that…

There are friends who have betrayed our family as well, those who  turned their backs, or took advantage of our trust, friendship…those we lamented over, lost sleep over…the whys, the hows…those who broke a bond, covenant or contract with…those we found hard to forgive…


I am so glad we had a “Backup”…a God who was with us as He was with David through those times…


 But I call to God,and the Lord will save me. 

Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan,and he hears my voice. 

He redeems my soul in safety from the battle that I wage,for many are arrayed against me. 

God will give ear and humble them,he who is enthroned from of old, Selah, because they do not change and do not fear God. 

…Cast your burden on the Lord,and he will sustain you;he will never permit the righteous to be moved. 

…But I will trust in you.

Ps.55.16-19Ps.55.22-23b


Thank YOU for the people You have brought into my life for a lifetime, a season….

No comments:

Post a Comment