Sunday, September 11, 2022

Lists, lists, and more lists…

 Lists, lists, and more lists…


I make list for each day…having a Daytimer is great, which can keep appointments straight, but a daily list of things that “need” to be done, bills to pay, groceries to get, people to call …helps me make sure the important things are accomplished…


Both my parents were list makers as well. My dad always carried a notebook in his left shirt pocket with a stubby pencil. He wrote notes in there that were important, kept lists of people, items he needed, addresses, etc…

Mom, had a book on the counter for her lists…they had a combined list of all the addresses they wrote Christmas cards, businesses they worked with, etc.

The end-the-year ritual for both was to start a new notebook, Daytimer…transferring birthdays, anniversaries, information from the old books to a new one…

Mom eventually threw hers away, but dad had a box of those old pocket notebooks..

I do the same…wow, I have become my parents…but, now have added the phone with its lists as well…more things to keep straight!


The Word has lists as well…a few..

-the list of the days of creation..Genesis 1

-supplies needed to build the ark, tabernacle, the temple…Genesis, Exodus, Kings

-list of tribes…several times

-list of commandments, laws…Leviticus 

-lists of wise, fools…Proverbs

-lists on generations, genealogy …several times…

-list of what God hates…Proverbs, Galatians 

-lists of attributes of God, the Word, a wise woman, evil, fruit of the Spirit…Psalms, Proverbs, Galatians, more…

-lists of the faithful…Hebrews 11…

-lists of those who are blessed, cursed…several times…

-etc…lots of them…


There is no long list of how to have eternal life…as some would argue. As legalists would give all the do’s and don’ts, expectations…

Or lists of prayers that are steps to salvation…no mountains to climb, shrines to visit, foods to appease the gods…

Jesus made the list pretty short, he died, was buried, was resurrected so that we might be saved if we put our trust in Him as the Savior of the world, believing in Him, for who he is, the One and only Son of God, the Way, the Truth and the Life…

Thank YOU…


 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

John.14.1-4, 6,7


No comments:

Post a Comment