Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Dreaming….

 Dreaming…


I dreamt last night of a new watercolor font…woke up wondering how to do it….going over I my mind different techniques of how to achieve the look I saw in the dream…


My late husband had some funny dreams…we would chuckle each time we thought of them..


1. I was awakened from a sound sleep with this grinding sound…asked him what he was doing, “ chewing carrots”…was the response.

2. Found him down the hall, through the kitchen, opening the back door…”letting the people off the train”.

3. Found him digging through his closet, “ filling the hole with dirt”…

A few…

He was sound asleep, but could carry on a conversation, answer questions and insisted that he was wide awake…until I could finally wake him up…didn’t remember a thing…or the events that had just taken place…none that could be foretelling or of great importance…


My dog, who doesn’t bark, barks in his dreams…always wonder what he is barking at… 


There are 95 references to dreams from Genesis to Acts…I didn’t realize there were so many…and if you count Adam’s deep sleep in Genesis, 96…

Various times that God spoke to people, and not necessarily God- fearing ones…

Dreams that foretold something to happen…dreams the told people what to do…false dreams…


God kept Abraham and his wife safe because of dreams…


Joseph was ridiculed because of them , given hope and finally raised to prominence…


Gideon worshipped because of them…


Saul wanted an answer, but none came…

 Jeremiah speaks of them…


Daniel interpreted the king’s dream…


Joseph obeyed them as did the wise men…


Pilate’s wife was troubled by them…


In the book of Acts…

 “But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel: 

“‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares,that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,and your young men shall see visions,and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servantsin those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy. 

And I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below,blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke; the sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood,before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day. 

And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’”

Acts.2.16-21


This was just an interesting, thought provoking quick study…there are books, both Christian and non-Christian, written about dreams…am not caught up in that…or a big theological statement…God acts, teaches in the way He chooses…


I am glad to have the Word to read, to learn from, to meditate upon…glad to have the Holy Spirit to lead into truth, convict…


Thank YOU….

No comments:

Post a Comment