Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Three fingers back…

 Three fingers back…


There are times when I read through the Word, books about the Word, devotionals, etc, that I just want to copy down passages and send them on to various people who are struggling with particular areas…I just want to say, “look, this pertains to you and your struggles, do this and things will go better…”


I want to be their “counselor, their truth revealer “…pointing my finger at their weaknesses, their “ lack of growth or understanding” from my self appointed pedestal….


Oh, how self-righteous, “holier than thou” I can be….

Then I am reminded over and over that while I may be pointing one finger at them, three are pointing back at me…humbled by my presumptuousness…


While I may want to take the speck from another, I have a log of my own…


The Real Holy Spirit works much better in our life…my job is to encourage, stand beside, build up…learn…obey…


3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. Matthew 7:3-5


Thank YOU…


https://gccsatx.com/hymns/show-us-christ/


Show Us Christ Lyrics, Doug Plank, Bob Kauflin

VERSE 1

Prepare our hearts, O God

Help us to receive

Break the hard and stony ground

Help our unbelief

Plant Your Word down deep in us

Cause it to bear fruit

Open up our ears to hear

Lead us in Your truth


CHORUS

Show us Christ, show us Christ

O God, reveal Your glory

Through the preaching of Your Word

Until every heart confesses Christ is Lord


VERSE 2

Your Word is living light

Upon our darkened eyes

Guards us through temptations

Makes the simple wise

Your Word is food for famished ones

Freedom for the slave

Riches for the needy soul

Come speak to us today


BRIDGE

Where else can we go, Lord

Where else can we go

You have the words of eternal life


No comments:

Post a Comment