Tuesday, August 30, 2022

The voice…

 The voice…


Been reading again through the Psalms…”the voice “ in Psalm 29 came out loud and clear…loved it again…

So I needed to look up other references as usual…there are lots…

Mostly for me personally is it the “low whisper “…

But watching the ocean, the majestic mountains, the giggle of a child, the heartbreaking sob of grief, the thunderstorm rolling through , reading the Word, the Sunday sermon, the missionary report, the myriad of magazines from different Christian organizations, etc, etc… I find God’s voice there as well…I am so glad He speaks …and makes himself known if we but listen…


Thank YOU….


 The voice of the Lord is over the waters;the God of glory thunders,the Lord, over many waters. 

The voice of the Lord is powerful;the voice of the Lord is full of majesty. 

The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars;the Lord breaks the cedars of Lebanon. 

He makes Lebanon to skip like a calf,and Sirion like a young wild ox. 

The voice of the Lord flashes forth flames of fire. 

The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness;the Lord shakes the wilderness of Kadesh. 

The voice of the Lord makes the deer give birth and strips the forests bare,and in his temple all cry, “Glory!”

Ps.29.3-9


 As the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him.

Exod.19.19


 When Moses entered the tent of meeting to speak with the Lord, he heard the voice speaking to him from between the two cherubim above the atonement cover on the ark of the covenant law. In this way the Lord spoke to him.

Num.7.89


 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Deut.30.19-20


 The Lord thundered from heaven;the voice of the Most High resounded.

2Sam.22.14


 And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper.

1Kgs.19.12


 God thunders wondrously with his voice;he does great things that we cannot comprehend. 

Keep listening to the thunder of his voiceand the rumbling that comes from his mouth.

Job.37:2,5


 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”

Isa.6.8


 And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.

Isa.30.21


 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him;

Matt.3:16-17


 “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 

Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 

And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. 

His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen, and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe the one whom he has sent.

John.5.25,John.5.28,John.5.37,John.5.38


 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

John.10.27


 Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” 

Jesus answered, “This voice has come for your sake, not mine.

John.12.28,30


 And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?’ Now those who were with me saw the light but did not understand the voice of the one who was speaking to me. And I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ And the Lord said to me, ‘Rise, and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all that is appointed for you to do.’

Acts.22.7,9-10


 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 

Therefore encourage one another with these words.

1Thess.4.16-18


 As it is said,“Today, if you hear his voice,do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”

Heb.3.15


 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.”

 Heb.12.26-29


https://www.gotquestions.org/still-small-voice.html

No comments:

Post a Comment