Friday, August 5, 2022

Quiet…

 



Quiet…


Some of my neighbors have the TV going from the time they get up in the morning until they go to bed  at night, movies, news, soaps, etc…adding children in the mix…there is always talking or background noise…

As contrasted to me, my house is silent with occasional music or maybe TV in the evening…I like quiet…

But, even with or without the background noise, there can be distractions of many kinds…


I was thinking of this as one of my signs on the wall is, ““Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth. Ps.46.10…


Further, reading Mark 15…”Jesus made no further answer “….and then Pilate put the sign on the cross…

I wondered what Pilate went on to believe…he had an answer right before him…the silent answer…was Pilate still and did he come to know God…will he be among the crowd in heaven….


I am just  contemplating….


Looking up “silent” and “quiet”…this verse in Zephaniah touched my heart as well…quiet and loud…thank YOU that You quiet me with your love…

The  Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save;he will rejoice over you with gladness;he will quiet you by his love;he will exult over you with loud singing. Zephaniah 3:17


Jesus Delivered to Pilate-And as soon as it was morning, the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council. And they bound Jesus and led him away and delivered him over to Pilate.And the chief priests accused him of many things.And Pilate asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” And he answered him,” You have said so”.

 And Pilate again asked him, “Have you no answer to make? See how many charges they bring against you.”

But Jesus made no further answer, so that Pilate was amazed.

And the inscription of the charge against him read, “The King of the Jews.”Mark.15.1-5, 26


So he questioned him at some length, but he made no answer. Luke.23.9


“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth. Ps.46.10


All we like sheep have gone astray;we have turned—every one—to his own way;and the  has laid on him the iniquity of us all. 

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,yet he opened not his mouth;like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,so he opened not his mouth.

By oppression and judgment he was taken away;and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living,stricken for the transgression of my people?

And they made his grave with the wickedand with a rich man in his death,although he had done no violence,and there was no deceit in his mouth.

Isa.53:6-9



 

No comments:

Post a Comment