Saturday, December 14, 2019

Word...

Words...

Finishing Job, this verse popped out of the page and landed here...

“After the Lord had said these things to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “I am angry with you and your two friends, because you have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has.”
Job 42:7

Words...can be so truthful, so destructive, so meaningful, so wrong, so encouraging, so hurtful, so manipulating, so loving...we speak them everyday...

how do I use my words...am I using them constructively, truthfully, kindly, 
Am I gracious...discerning...or foolish, boastful, wordy, empty, verbose...

The following are a few of the 400 plus verses on “words”...these are a few of the reminders of what words can be...

God, you know my thoughts, the words before I speak...let my words be acceptable in you hearing...sight...heart...please help me to be gracious, loving, encouraging with words  which I utter...thank YOU...


May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.
Psalm 119:130

And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times.
Psalm 12:6

All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse.
Proverbs 8:8

The Lord detests the thoughts of the wicked, but gracious words are pure in his sight.
Proverbs 15:26

The wise in heart are called discerning, and gracious words promote instruction.
Proverbs 16:21

Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.
Proverbs 23:12

Words from the mouth of the wise are gracious, but fools are consumed by their own lips.
Ecclesiastes 10:12

You say you have counsel and might for war—but you speak only empty words. On whom are you depending, that you rebel against me?
Isaiah 36:5

Hear, you earth: I am bringing disaster on this people, the fruit of their schemes, because they have not listened to my words and have rejected my law.
Jeremiah 6:19

Therefore this is what the Lord says: “If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman. Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them.
Jeremiah 15:19 

37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Matthew 12:37 

35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Matthew 24:35 

Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
John 6:68

Therefore encourage one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:18

For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of the flesh, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error.
2 Peter 2:18 

No comments:

Post a Comment