Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Falls....

Falls...

I have had the privilege of having four falls this year...I love fall...
 the temperature, the colors, the beauty, the crispness, the scents of pumpkin and fall spices, gathering, harvest...teaching my youngest grandchildren to stomp those crisp, dried leaves as we take walks in the woods...Abundance of squirrels running to and fro gathering their food for winter, balancing on electrical wires high above the streets with their tiny feet...mulled cider, egg nog, pumpkin pies...lots of birthdays...

It always reminds me of my favorite weddings that I had the privilege, again, of doing the flowers, of coordinating...friends...

I am glad for the seasons that God so graciously created for us..each with its purpose of rest, renewal, rebirth, planting, harvest....our lives have these seasons as well...we have seasons of rest, growth and renewal, planting, harvest...looking back we can see them more clearly than sometimes in the midst of them...

As I head into winter this year, the coldness settles around with ice, snow and that penetrating chill...I am thankful for the four falls...they have warmed my soul for memories in the winter...giving me pictures to remember, with which to keep warm, the hugs, the walks, the love...

Thank YOU...You give so abundantly...readying us for the advent season...a time of birth and celebration...

I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit.
Leviticus 26:4 

then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and olive oil.
Deuteronomy 11:14 

He made the moon to mark the seasons, and the sun knows when to go down.
Psalm 104:19

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
Ecclesiastes 3:1 

They do not say to themselves, ‘Let us fear the Lord our God, who gives autumn and spring rains in season, who assures us of the regular weeks of harvest.’
Jeremiah 5:24 

Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.”
Acts 14:17 

No comments:

Post a Comment