Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Swarms...


Swarms....
As I left Florida yesterday, among the memories and “memorabilia” I took home was the results of swarms of no-see-um-s....tiny, tiny flies... (have to look at them with a magnifying glass) ...about the size of a pencil dot...
After the magnificent lightning and thunder storm, these flies made their way toward me for whatever reason...I, all of the sudden had burning legs, arms, hands, neck...could hardly see these swarm of dots which decided I was great for the taking...I really didn’t agree...oh my...
 Could hardly wait to get back to motel for shower...surely that would decrease the burning...nope...so after an unrestful night, we went to local pharmacy to find some relief besides cool water compresses...

Of courses I had to explore the internet for remedies and information.  

I actually had never had an encounter with them, a few mosquito bites here and there, but not these...and I did have insect repellent on...

So when reading about swarms of flies, locusts invading homes, lands...” swarming” took on a whole new light..
..
I remember as a child we had an infestation of grasshoppers one year, I couldn’t go outside and play as the grasshoppers were so thick and took over the ground, ate the nearby fields of wheat...it was “yucky” ...

Then later in Nevada, we had and still have occasionally, “Mormon Crickets” ...sometimes so thick that the roads are slick and accidents happen...

But neither of these attacked me personally...they were “out there” and not on my person, not biting, not stinging, not itching.... with little relief..

Those biblical swarms where everywhere...inside and outside...how annoying...and add the boils on the skin as another judgement...awful...and all the judgements of Mose’s time on Pharaoh and Egypt ...time after time of “let my people go”...until he did...leaving devastation behind to land and families...

Those “swarms” of insects were easy compared to the death of the firstborns...

With my swarm experience:
-I found it takes time to heal-minimum of two weeks before those bites fade away, 
-they get your attention, 
-are constant reminders,
-desire to avoid again...
-relief is not immediate
-several suggested remedies-but none work much, time seems to be the best 
-no lesson is wasted......
-God uses these same lessons in life as well...
-God made those insects for some creature’s food-so a purpose...


But, another reminder to give thanks in all things...even hundreds of bites...
Thank YOU....

If you do not let my people go, I will send swarms of flies on you and your officials, on your people and into your houses. The houses of the Egyptians will be full of flies; even the ground will be covered with them. “‘But on that day I will deal differently with the land of Goshen, where my people live; no swarms of flies will be there, so that you will know that I, the Lord, am in this land. I will make a distinction between my people and your people. This sign will occur tomorrow.’” And the Lord did this. Dense swarms of flies poured into Pharaoh’s palace and into the houses of his officials; throughout Egypt the land was ruined by the flies.
Exodus 8:21-24

No comments:

Post a Comment