Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Found treasures....

Found treasures....

For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.
Deuteronomy 7:6

Several women I know are participating in a “secret sister” event for a year...it just started and I have been contemplating how to go about it...I want to do more than just cards...my creative juices are flowing...I find if I create something then I can pray for that person as I am creating...have done that over quilts, painting projects, meals, sewing for someone, whatever...

This event is not to be  expensive as to exclude some...but thoughtful...

I decided my theme would be “found treasures”...it has opened my eyes even more to seeing treasures in much more items, from grains growing along the roads, cones fallen from the evergreen trees which I took for granted, gifts of abundant harvest....treasures given by a Creative God...how can I use them...to show what a treasure this person is....what each of us is...

Reminded me of Hawaiian hike up a muddy trail...huge avocado laying in trail, fallen from nearby tree...picked it up for fresh sliced avocado and guacamole later...or fresh veggies or fruit from yard or farm stands... onions/potatoes gleaned from freshly harvested fields....seashells washed ashore from storm driven waves...water washed heart shaped stones in the river...a multitude of treasures...can be found everywhere...

We are treasures to God...chosen...found...known...created...knit together...transformed...loved...sacrificed for...pulled from the depths at times...delighted in...planned for...etc...

But, He is our treasure...as well...

Thank YOU...






The house of the righteous contains great treasure,....
Proverbs 15:6a

He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.
Isaiah 33:6 

I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
Isaiah 45:3

Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. 
A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name. 
“On the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty, “they will be my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him. 
And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.
Malachi 3:16-18

21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:21

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
2 Corinthians 4:7 


No comments:

Post a Comment