Sunday, June 30, 2019

Another sunrise...

Another sunrise....


This morning I quietly left my motel room, drove to the beach for another picture of the marvelous sunrises we have been having on this quick trip to Florida...

Each morning my oldest grandson has been accompanying me to the beach about six miles away for some spectacular views of the beach on the east side of Florida at the Cocoa Beach pier...

This morning to let this poor teenager rest, I went alone...I wasn’t going to go, but was drawn to do this last shot before departing...

The radio was tuned to local Christian station, playing “Blessings “ ...the tears start...I heard this song for the first time driving away from my former home as my husband was quickly dying from brain cancer...memories....

The next song, “Only Jesus”...reminded me that this is all about Jesus, not me or anyone else...not me....not someone famous or rich...”only” Jesus...

Arriving at the pier, with a quiet group of sunrise watchers, fishermen, strolling families and a boisterous group of surfers...to find not a spectacular colorful display as before...but a soft, silky gray cloud cover with breaks in the clouds...the sun silently slid into view...shining it’s brilliant light onto the sea in silvery glimmers....

Sometimes life is brilliant with noise and color, other times is it quiet and soft...we need both to balance our lives...the noise of life, and the silence for our soul...to listen...the energy and the rest...the roar of thunder, the peacefulness of the gentle stream ....

Thank YOU....

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” 
The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. God has ascended amid shouts of joy, the Lord amid the sounding of trumpets. Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth; sing to him a psalm of praise.
Psalm 46:10-11,47:5-7

Let the sea resound, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy; let them sing before the Lord, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples with equity.
Psalm 98:7-9

This is what the Sovereign  Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.
Isaiah 30:15 

No comments:

Post a Comment