Friday, July 12, 2019

Stench...

Stench....

6 days a week walking in the early morning, the smells are pleasant...new mown lawns, flower scents, clean air....
But, on the seventh day, there is a decided stench....garbage collection day...

Walking by each can along my various walking routes is not so great...but, I was reminded of times in other places I have traveled the stench and garbage was an “all the time” occurrence...so thankful for this one-day event here...

Anyway, ideas and thoughts popped into my mind about what garbage I might carry that causes a stench around me that people “smell” or that God wants to get rid of.. “truck  away” ...
Wanting that sweet smell of forgiveness instead,  drawing in and not turning away with upturned noses..or quickly passing by ...

The Word does speak of garbage heaps...smells...fragrance...

 Persecution...
We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.
1 Corinthians 4:12-13 

Worldly gain...versus gaining Christ...
But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ
Philippians 3:7-8 

Bad smells...
As dead flies give perfume a bad smell, so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honor.
Ecclesiastes 10:1 

Judgment....
Instead of fragrance there will be a stench;....
Isaiah 3:24a

Love...
Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus’ feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.
John 12:3 

Thank YOU that everyday occurrences draw us back to You...your sweet smell...love for us all...

No comments:

Post a Comment