Sunday, July 21, 2019

Flowers at the gravesite...



Flowers at the Gravesite....

All my life I remember taking flowers to gravesites...
First it was with my mother and grandmother, cousins, aunts...we took flowers on Memorial Day...to relatives laid to rest before my time...

Later to one’s I actually knew, and then when I married we did the same thing with my husband’s family...those who I didn’t know, but family...

As time has proceeded onward, now I lay the flowers on grandparents’, parent’s and my husband’s gravesite..saying hello to nearby friends...saying yet another goodbye to loved ones who filled my life for so many years...

My grandparents and parents, husband memories of laughter, good and bad times, love, care, perseverance, lives lived well...

Not with rose colored glasses do I look back...but reality...there were all the emotions over the years, but we loved and lived through them...

Now my children and grandchildren are here to whom to pass the torch of gravesite duties when they can...miles have added times between those duties, but I know in our hearts we still do it to,pay homage to those we loved and loved is...and another season has passed...thank YOU...

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: 
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, 
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
Ecclesiastes 3:1-2,5


Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 

No comments:

Post a Comment