Thursday, August 2, 2018

Hugs...

Hugs...

I simply put in the words, "hugs and health" into the search engine line and up popped pages of references to go to, to find that there are indeed health benefits to a hug...

A couple from the list...

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/health-wellness/articles/2016-02-03/the-health-benefits-of-hugging

https://goodrelaxation.com/2012/03/the-health-benefits-of-hugging/

Okay, So, the reason I am on this tangent...hugs...I had a dream the other morning...I looked up from my cooking and there stood my husband, his huge smile, all cleaned up from hunting, hair combed, arms open...I was so surprised  and I just clung to him so tightly as he wrapped his long arms around me...I thought "this dream of widowhood is over". And  I awoke abruptly, finding that it was a dream...it so vivid. But, I needed that hug and he gave it to me...

Thinking back into the dream, I had to laugh...he was  years younger, with hair...time before cancer had its way..

The take away---give liberal hugs ...God holds us, upholds us as we need it...thank YOU...

A few poignant moments...of hugs ...
As soon as Laban heard the news about Jacob, his sister’s son, he hurried to meet him. He embraced him and kissed him and brought him to his home, and there Jacob told him all these things.
Genesis 29:13

But Esau ran to meet Jacob and embraced him; he threw his arms around his neck and kissed him. And they wept.
Genesis 33:4

Then he threw his arms around his brother Benjamin and wept, and Benjamin embraced him, weeping.
Genesis 45:14

In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ” When Paul had finished speaking, he knelt down with all of them and prayed. They all wept as they embraced him and kissed him.
Acts 20:35-37

At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
Luke 1:39-41

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
Isaiah 41:13

I will take these last two verses as "hugs", "uphold, hold"=safety to me...





No comments:

Post a Comment