Sunday, August 5, 2018

Faith comes by hearing...

Faith comes by hearing...

Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them.
The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. I open my mouth and pant, longing for your commands.
Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name.
Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. Redeem me from human oppression, that I may obey your precepts.
Make your face shine on your servant and teach me your decrees.
Streams of tears flow from my eyes, for your law is not obeyed.
Psalm 119:129-136

On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 19:5

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Romans 10:17


Reading in 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles, there is history of kings after kings who either did evil or good "in the eyes of the Lord"...
This morning I was drawn to Josiah, who became king at the ripe age of eight...and reigned for 31 years...when he was 16, he began to seek God...a teenager finding his way...asking those teenage questions, "what is my purpose, where am I going/doing"...
He began to purge Judah of the evil and then they found the Book of the Law in the temple as they were cleaning it out and repairing it...
They started reading it and much changed in the king's heart and then the land...they began to follow God...

How God's Word changes our lives, our hearts ...what a gift...what love...what an opportunity to share...

It just made me think of the vast array of organizations, groups whose purpose it is the share the gospel worldwide and next door...the bring out the Word  to read  to the millions who have not heard it...that they, too, may make that faith decision of following the Creator of the universe and the Lover of our souls...how can we help...in that endeavor...
Thank YOU...

No comments:

Post a Comment